Level 1 Technical Support Job Description
Job Title - Level 1 Technical Support (Entry Level)
Reports To Service Desk Manager
FLSA Status Non-exempt
Position Type Part to Full Time
Salary $18 to $25 per hour DOE
Job Overview Provide IT support for clients remotely or at a client site. Find fixes, workarounds and final solutions by troubleshooting issues while providing exemplary customer service. Must be technically capable and a self-starter with strong organizational and customer service skills. May be required to travel to client sites, work weekends or after hours and work overtime when necessary.
Desired Attributes and Experience
- Customer service mentality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of computers, networks and software
- Experience using MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience using ticketing systems, RMM Monitoring Systems,
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites as needed, out of town travel sometimes.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when needed
- Ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technology and software
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Respond to tickets in accordance with SLA guidelines
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem solving process including actions taken through to the final resolution
- Respond in timely manner to requests and issues
- Repair and replace equipment as needed
- Provide onsite and remote support to end users
- Assist in AV setups as needed for meetings
- Assist new hire training for basic IT needs.
- Set up new workstations for users (deploying equipment, checking over account setups).
- Heavy use of Windows and Mac OS devices
- Administration and management of office 365 for clients
- Ability to work in Active Directory/GPOs/Powershell
- Understanding of Networking Equipment/Routers/Switches
- Test new technology
- Create IT documentation for all Client Systems/Processes
- Resolve Tier 1 support tickets
Minimal Education/Certification Requirements
- 1 year Tech Support/Helpdesk/Field Technician experience.
- A+, Sec+ and Net+ Certification or equivalent are beneficial.